Monday 5 July 2010

How useful is that !

HTC HeroImage via Wikipedia
I have recently upgraded my HTC Hero on to run Android 2.1. Amongst other things, this allows me to access Google Navigation. But what is really cool is the integration.

I can open the phonebook and tap on a contact and a number of icons appear corresponding to the information I have stored for that contact and what I can do with that information. If I have an address stored, then a map icon appears. Tap on the map icon and it opens Google Maps and searches for and displays that location. Press menu and select 'get directions' and it fills in the 'from' with 'my location'. Open the 'destination' and the first entry is the address of the contact I just searched for, so select that and whether I want driving, walking or public transport directions and away it goes and fetches that for me and now it's a fully functional turn by turn satnav!
How cool is that !
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment